8.31.2008

For Tuesday, 9.2.08

A. Research Around
(not observing nature but becoming one with it)
(each element has a glow to it)
(owning a piece of the scape, like a firefly)

B. Made Something


Dealing with landscape...

I am stricken with horn island. not neccessarily the place itself but what it does to people...or at least for me and alot of people i talk to.  getting away, getting rid of everything and just sitting around. Like i said up there, walter anderson wanted to become one with nature and not just observe it. And being one of the few "designers" that go...us techpeople find a block, we have to do art like watercolors or something. I like it but this is just a chance to go digital with a horn island aspect, my favorite landscape. and now i get to interact with it.

What im going to stick in these layers is still in the clouds for now....hmm.....

10 comments:

Ms. Singleton said...

i like the idea of you using horn island, and the reasoning of why you choice it because of your experience. I still think it would be cool for you to add objects and items you used and discovered on the island for new layers. blue sand eric?!?

DaKoda Davis said...

Horn island is very much a place that will captivate ones imagination. I am glad to see that you were showing a process of your layering scheme.

qaaim said...

I haven't been to Horn Island yet and viewing your piece makes me want to take a trip this spring break. If it isn't much of a bother if you could post some of the pictures you have of the place that would be cool.

qaaim said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
anthoneycarter said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
anthoneycarter said...

I dunno man, I think you're just rehashing out old ideas.

Jordan said...

your digi-scape is digi-great

Anonymous said...

Good Deal, my only suggestion would be to add some more elements to animate.

wyatt said...

like all the layers think its working but your going to need some more little images to work with

shaw said...

Very beautiful. A large, vast, landscape. It seems to me that you want your digiscape to reflect your personal feelings about a real-world location. Is this going to be a digital replication of horn island from your specific point of view? If so, I think that would be pretty awesome in the end result.

I am interested in seeing how you manipulate each object in your digiscape. Will they scroll at different speeds, or will they break apart and move about the sky? Will they flip around or change positions?

I view your image like a puzzle, with the potential of having many different parts that break apart at will, but create a distinct, solid environment when they come together.